Saturday, March 29, 2014

From the diva: Weekly Challenge #160: "String Theory: Spiral out, Keep Going! (v.2)"

This week's challenge to use a spiral as the string touched my anal retentive heart.  I love order, even if it is a little unbounded.  And the diva is so right--spirals are EVERYWHERE in nature.

Ahhh....the beloved Fibonacci sequence meets nature meets art.  What? You've never heard of the Fibonacci numbers?  Well, do I have a treat for you...

If you love to read, and if you are remotely interested in mystery, history, chess, math, or just about anything else, you'll love this oldie but goodie by Katherine Neville called The Eight.  I had absolutely no idea whether it was still in print, but it is available in paperback on Amazon, and although it was her first novel and somewhat lacking in some literary-snob ways, the plot is AMAZING and it's a great intro to the math of music and nature.

Anyway, I digress.  Here are my 2 tiles, which I had enormous fun squeezing into a hugely busy work week.



On a side note, I sincerely hope you all are beginning to experience Spring.  I'm thinking we may just entirely miss that here in Ontario.  So I've decided to run away to Florida for a week in April.  HA.

Happy tangling!

Dayna

2 comments:

  1. Both are beautiful and the second one is my favorite, maybe because it is so elegant and airy.
    Here in the Netherlands spring is so very early this year, more then a month earlier then 'normal'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are wonderful! I can´t decide for a favorite!

    ReplyDelete