Sunday, March 24, 2013

Weekly Challenge#110 from the Diva

This week's challenge was "Get Rid of the Box"--and boy, did I get rid of it.  One of my asset-flaws (those things we all have that can be our biggest strengths and also our biggest pain-causers) is that I never, ever do something half-way, at least not as I see it.  I have been known to drop a project halfway through, but what the casual observer doesn't know is that I was doing it for fun, and when it stops being fun, I stop wasting my time.  But I digress.  Here's the tangle:





This tangle has these out-of-the-box features:
  1. I used a new type of paper:  Canson "Marker" paper in brilliant white
  2. I did not remove the paper from the pad.
  3. Instead of a string drawn within the boundaries of a squarish box, I drew the box, and then some strings coming from that.
  4. I used no tangle patterns with straight lines.
  5. I used no tangle patterns I had ever put into a completed project.
  6. That pattern in the bottom left?  I have no idea if that has a name or has been tangled before.
  7. And finally, I did not shade this one at all, and can't bring myself to want to.
I couldn't resist the urge to make it a themed pattern, though.  There is love in the box (the heart), and from that flows Joy (the pattern), which is of course accompanied by some beautiful, flowing tangles.

I really had fun with this one, Ms. Diva!
This weekly challenge can be found here: http://iamthedivaczt.blogspot.com/2013/03/weekly-challenge-110.html


No comments:

Post a Comment